Shepherd's Tree Game Lodge
Shepherd's Tree Game Lodge is situated in the south-western portion of Pilanesberg Game Reserve (also known as Pilanesberg National Park). The Lodge has its own gate off the R565 as point of entry.
Pilanesberg hosts the Big 5 amongst many other mammals and bird species. Shepherd's Tree Game Lodge has a five star grading from the Tourism Grading Council (TGCSA). It is situated in the North West Province and is in a malaria free area close to Sun City and about 2 hours drive from Johannesburg.
Suite accommodation consists of 60 beds presented in 13 family suites and 4 executive suites
Each suite features:
- king size beds
- full en-suite bathroom and outside shower
- espresso machine and tea & coffee making facilities
- air conditioning
- internet access
The family suites offer two en-suite master bedrooms with a shared lounge and patio. The family suites can also be configured in such a way as to offer a luxury suite option as well as a standard room option.
The executive suites offer one en-suite master bedroom with a lounge and patio. In addition, guests can savour an indoor steam shower and double outdoor shower.
Request a Booking
- High Season:
- 01 December 2017 till 30 April 2018
01 October 2018 till 30 November 2018
- Low Season:
- 01 May 2018 till 30 September 2018
- STANDARD ROOM
Maximum 2 adults only
- High Season
R5 325.00 per person sharing per night
R7 990.00 per person single per night
- Low Season
R4 600.00 per person sharing per night
R6 905.00 per person single per night
- FAMILY SUITE
Maximum 4 adults & 2 children under 12
- High Season
R28 230.00 per suite per night
- Low Season
R25 315.00 per suite per night
- EXECUTIVE SUITE
Maximum 2 adults & 2 children under 12
- All Seasons
R11 600.00 per suite per night
Maximum 4 adults
- All Seasons
R26 090.00 per suite per night
- breakfast, lunch & dinner daily
- two game drives per person daily.
- all beverages
- conservation levy
- items of a personal nature.
The lodge reserves the right to restrict one night weekend or peak period bookings.
- children of all ages are welcome
- children under the age of 6 are accommodated on safari by means of a 'bush bumble'
- children under the age of 6 are not allowed on normal game drives and children between the ages of 6 and 12 only allowed at the discretion of the game ranger
- baby sitting can be arranged at the lodge at an additional charge.
The magnificent main lodge acts as a central gathering point and social environment for all guests as well as the point from which all the activities depart and return. The featured architecture and interior design are the hallmark of the whole lodge, and flawless finishes leave no detail overlooked.
- the reception is situated adjacent to the curio shop and business centre
- a gourmet restaurant and outdoor boma serve the most delectable cuisines
- a casual lounge and bar provide magnificent vistas of the impressive landscape
- a spacious entertainment deck with outdoor cocktail bar overlooking a spectacular pool
- award-winning health & beauty spa for heavenly pampering in couple or single treatment rooms
- a conference centre is fully equipped to ensure that conferences, functions and events are handled seamlessly and provide for a maximum of 70 delegates
- a small business centre caters for all your telecommunication needs.
Shepherd's Tree has a dedicated state-of-the-art conference and functions centre. he facility provides for a several layouts and the classroom-type layout makes provision for at most 70 delegates.
- a host of nature & safari activities are on offer in pilanesberg and in our private exclusive use area
- game drives - the lodge offers dedicated game rangers with open game viewing vehicles
- game walks - experienced trail rangers will lead you on unforgettable trails through the wilderness
- numerous incentive activities both within the reserve and the surrounding area.