Buffalo Thorn Lodge
Black Rhino Game Reserve forms part of the Greater Pilanesberg National Park, which is 57 000 hectares in size. The Reserve is situated on the North Western boundary of Pilanesberg and is about 2 000 hectares in size. This is the first extension to be incorporated into the Pilanesberg National Park, a malaria free area.
Buffalo Thorn Lodge provides the ultimate escape from busy schedules. The main entertainment area comprises a dining room, TV lounge, reading lounge, games area and a fully equipped kitchen.
Outside in the boma, you can relax around an African fire, listen to the sounds of the night and stories told by your experienced game ranger, star-gaze or sit under cover at the dining table and bar.
The 5 star Buffalo Thorn Lodge may be rented only as an exclusive-use, self-catering lodge. This game lodge is rented out as a whole and not on a per person or a per chalet basis.
Buffalo Thorn offers five luxury thatched chalets accommodating just ten guests (children included).
All chalets are stand-alone. The 70 square-metre, en-suite chalets each have their own lounge and private deck with sun chairs. The units have king size beds (or single beds should these be required), a Jacuzzi bathtub as well as indoor and outdoor showers.
The 5 units are made up of:
- 2 Family units - each with one king-size bed and a loft with two single beds for kids.
- 3 Double units - each with one king-size bed (or two single beds should these be required).
Camping cots are available on request
Please note that only 10 people in total will be accommodated - children included. We regret - but no pets are allowed.
R12, 600.00 per night (Midweek out of RSA School holidays)
R16, 380.00 per night (Weekends; RSA School Holidays; Public Holidays)
The rate is for rent of the whole lodge exclusively per night sleeping 10 guests.
** The rate is not per person**
** A minimum of a two-night stay is required at any time**
- The rent of your own exclusive, 5-Star Self-Catering Game Lodge, on Black Rhino Game Reserve in Pilanesberg National Park
- 2 x game drives per night stay
- daily fully serviced by staff
- tea and coffee in the rooms
- daily gate fees.
- the lodge is fully self-catering.
- Children are of all ages are allowed - no extra charge
- Please note: the maximum capacity of the Lodge is 10 persons inclusive of children.
- Complimentary coffee and tea
- Bar fridge
- All towels (bathroom and swimming)
- Electronic safe
- Air conditioning and fan
- Lounge area
- Loungers on private deck
- Hair dryers
- Fully serviced
- Large fridge and freezer
- Modern 5 burner gas stove with electric oven
- Microwave/ convection oven
- All cutlery and glassware
- Filter coffee machine
Guests can enjoy traversing the entire park of 57 000 hectares, in our open game drive vehicles, for close-up viewing of the Big 5 (Lion, Leopard, Elephant, Rhino and Buffalo) and numerous endangered species such as Cheetah, African Wild Dog, Sable and Tsessebe Antelope.
Enjoy morning and afternoon game drives as your ranger shows you the big and small species of the African bushveld.
Game viewing can also be done from the comfort of loungers around the pool and Jacuzzi, as many species of birds, small animals and even some of the big five have been spotted from the deck.
- Guided Game Walks
- Hot Air Ballooning
- Elephant Back Safaris
- Tours to Sun City
These activities will be at your own cost and subject to availability. Please enquir prior to your arrival.