Bakubung Bush Lodge
Bakubung Bush Lodge offers luxury accommodation in the Pilanesberg Game Reserve. Pilanesberg Game Reserve hosts the Big 5 amongst many other mammals and bird species. It is situated in the North West Province and is in a malaria-free area close to Sun City and approximately 2 hours drive from Johannesburg.
Bakubung Bush Lodge has 76 rooms with air-conditioning, bath, shower, direct dial telephone, colour TV (8 channels), electric shaving plug (100/220V), hair dryer and internet connectivity.
The rooms have doors leading onto either a patio or balcony and have panoramic views of the Park and the Hippo Pool.
Bakubung Restaurant serves breakfast, lunch and dinner. On Wednesday and Saturday nights an option is to book our bush braai at our boma in the park.
01 January 2018 till 30 April 2018
01 September 2018 till 31 December 2018
01 May 2018 till 31 August 2018
- Children of all ages are welcome
- Children can only be accommodated in a Standard room if sharing with one or two adults.
- Dinner Bed and Breakfast rate - 1 complimentary game drive is included per person per night’s stay.
- Children aged 12 years and younger (maximum two children per room) will be accommodated free of charge on a dinner, bed and breakfast basis, including one game drive, if sharing with one or two adults.
- Children aged 13-17 years will be accommodated free of charge on a room only basis and will be charged R550.00 per child per day for breakfast, dinner and one game drive, if sharing with one or two adults
- Full Board rate - 2 complimentary game drives is included per person per night’s stay.
- Children aged 12 years and younger (maximum two children per room) will be accommodated free of charge on a full board basis inclusive of dinner, bed, breakfast, lunch and two game drives per day, if sharing with one or two adults.
- Children aged 13-17 years will be accommodated free of charge on a room only basis and will be charged R910.00 per child per day for breakfast, lunch, dinner and two game drives, if sharing with one or two adults.
Facilities & Services
Facilities at Sun City (nearby)
Bakubung Conference and Group Facilities
Bakubung is an excellent conference venue with a range of state of the art equipment and facilities. For detailed information please enquire.
Rates are inclusive of welcome cocktail, dinner, bed, breakfast, light lunch, morning and afternoon coffee station, standard conference equipment and main venue hire.
Group & conference rates are applicable to bookings of 10 rooms or more
Bakubung Bush Lodge is perfectly located to host amongst others, weddings, birthdays, business breakfasts and lunches, seminars, cocktail receptions, dinner dances, banquets, private dinners, product launches and team-building exercises.
All of the above can be arranged to suit your specific requirements.
- due to popularity and at times limited availability, all game drives have to be booked in advance
- extra game drives will be at an extra cost.
The malaria free Pilanesberg Game Reserve is a popular wildlife destination and Bakubung Bush Lodge is the perfect base from which to enjoy the Big Five and the rich diversity of indigenous flora and fauna
Venture on a game drive in the early morning or late afternoon to evening when the animals are out and about to ensure that you won't be disappointed.
- Big Five game viewing
- safari game drives
- guided bush walks & game drives.
Terms & Conditions
- Minimum of 2 nights stay over a weekend
- Rates are subject to availability and are subject to change without prior notice.
- Rates are inclusive of VAT at 14%
- Rates exclude the 1% Tourism Levy
- Please note: Rates are subject to change without prior notice.