Morokolo Safari Lodge
Morokolo Safari Lodge is situated in the Black Rhino Game Reserve on the northern slopes of the Pilanesberg Mountains. The Black Rhino Game Reserve is now part of the greater Pilanesberg National Park. Morokolo is home to one the richest varieties of African wildlife, predators, fauna & flora in Africa. We are a private boutique lodge, tucked away from the rest of the world.
We have eight luxury suites, two are family suites and six are double suites. The double suites sleep two people (double or two singles), and family suites sleep two people (double or two singles) downstairs, and two singles in the open loft. We offer covered parking for eight vehicles.
Each suite has an ample en-suite bathroom with modern finishes (with bath and shower), a comfy seating area and private patio. All the suites are fully air-conditioned. There is a stocked mini bar in each room, which will be charged for on departure. There is also a complimentary tea and coffee station in each room as well as in the main lodge area.
The main entertainment area is open plan, and has a lounge with TV, DSTV and DVD player, a beautiful bar area with pool table and various board games, and an outside patio area overlooking the swimming pool with a view of the Pilanesberg Mountains.
Meals are hosted at the reserve restaurant, 2 minutes from the lodge. Dinner & breakfast are included in the room rate. If you would like an evening braai, please specify when making your booking.
Request a Booking
- 01 October 2017 – 30 September 2018
Fridays, Saturdays and SA School Holidays
- Sundays to Thursdays
- STANDARD ROOM
Dinner, Bed & Breakfast
- High Season
R3 275.00 per person sharing
R4 050.00 per person single
- STANDARD ROOM
Dinner, Bed & Breakfast
- Low Season
R2 950.00 per person sharing
R3 725.00 per person single
- dinner, bed and breakfast at the reserve restaurant
- high tea around the pool before afternoon game drive
- 2 professionally guided game drives daily and complimentary bottled water
- teas/ coffees in the lodge, in the rooms and on the morning game drive.
- daily conservation levy
- all other beverages are charged for separately
- baby sitting service charged for separately
- lunch (can be arranged on prior request).
- children up to and including 12 years pay 50% of the adult per person sharing rate
- infants under 2 years stay free of charge
- the rules governing game drives do not permit children under the age of 6 years on the game drives for their own safety
- if you would like we can arrange a baby sitter to look after your children at an hourly rate in the morning
- after breakfast we take the children out on their own game drive for about 30 minutes to see what we can show them at a safe distance
- children between 6 and 12 years are permitted to join the adult game drives at the ranger’s discretion.
Morokolo Lodge facilities include:
- Swimming pool
- HD TV and DSTV
- Braai/barbecue facilities
- Pool table
- Board games
The main lodge is laid out as an open-plan area with boardroom conference table that seats up to 12 delegates. A data projector is available as part of the conference package, as well as tea and coffee, snacks, writing equipment and flipchart. Book for 8 adults sharing in order to secure exclusive use of the conference area.
Enjoy an African safari on our 10-seater game viewer with your own dedicated game ranger, which is included in the room rate. Refresh in our cool swimming pool with a view of the Pilanesberg Mountains. Unwind in the intimate 6-seater Jacuzzi.
The rules governing game drives do not permit children under 6 on a game drive - for their own safety. Children between 6 and 12 years are permitted to join the adult game drives at the ranger's discretion.
If you would like, we can arrange a baby sitter to look the little ones at an hourly rate and then after breakfast we take them out on their very own game drive for about 30 minutes to show them what we can - at a safe distance.
Buffalo regularly roam in this area as they take shelter in remote areas not accessible to other visitors to Pilanesberg National Park. Characterised by a beautiful forest of Tamboti trees the Black Rhino Reserve is home to the BIG 5 (Lion, Leopard, Buffalo, Elephant, and White & Black Rhino) as well as cheetah and wild dog. Antelope species include Sable, Tsetsebe, Eland, Gemsbok and Springbok. With a species list of over 354, the Black Rhino Reserve is also a true "birders paradise".